Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chocolate and Peanut Butter....YES PLEASE


I decided I needed to make cookies....actually I decided this 2 weeks ago and finally got around to making these gems. OMG. Dark Chocolate, Crunchy Peanut Butter and Oats and NO STOVE....be still my heart. I got this recipe from http://eatliverun.com/




No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

makes about 3 dozen small cookies

3 T butter

1/4 cup milk

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 heaping tablespoons cocoa

1 cup dark chocolate chips

1/4 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy all natural peanut butter here)

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats

Melt the butter on the stove. Add the sugar, cocoa and milk and stir well. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir. Add the oats. Stir again.

With wet hands, form little balls of dough and on a wax paper lined plate or pan. Refrigerate for thirty minutes until hard.

4 comments:

  1. Let me know if you make these. They are yummy and I'm sure Turtle would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if they will work the same with milk chocolate? My husband wont eat dark chocolate so I dont use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried, but I don't see why not.

    ReplyDelete