Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Church of my Dreams

When I was a little girl I always envisioned walking down a long aisle on my daddy's arm to the man I loved at the end. It took a while....but I finally found that place.

Kevin and I have been through 3 churches before finally finding the one that brought tears to my eyes and the words "I wanna say "I do" here" out of my mouth.

My home church....while I love it and was confirmed in it.....looks like an Easter egg thru up in it. It teal, pink, yellow and white. Its just NOT pretty. Its also exceptionally tiny and close to the highway.

Our second church was more modern and they were able to accomodate an evening wedding, which was important to us. It was laid out in a T design, with no real center aisle. I was resigned to get married here, because they were able to accommodate us, but when they stopped returning my phone calls and informed me they were also hosting a Christmas Festival the same weekend....I knew it wasn't going to be the best fit.

I went to visit a friend in Kentucky for her wedding in April and while at her rehearsal, I texted Kevin and told him I refused to get married in the second church. He spent the entire weekend looking for alternatives. I called one church when I got home on Monday and the following weekend I dragged Kevin to mass on Saturday and the minute I walked in....I just knew I had found the church I would become a Mrs. in.

The church is gorgeous.....



Thank you Kevin for putting up with my ever changing desires as a bride....I know I am driving you insane.....less than 6 months and we'll be on our Honeymoon. :-)

I love you.

~Autumn



No comments:

Post a Comment