Friday, May 11, 2012

The Venue

I've always known that I wanted a fall wedding, so when Kevin and I got engaged we decided on the date immediately. He knew it was important to me to be married in the fall and we agreed that November 10th was the perfect date. My best friend was married November 17th and its kinda cool that our anniversaries are going to be only a week apart. (We actually had the date picked out before we got engaged....its engraved on my engagement ring).

Trying to find a venue to have our reception was not as hard as I thought it would be.

The first place we visited was Turf Valley in Ellicott City. I had read a lot of revues, both positive and negative. I would say my initial reaction was negative. I wasn't in love with the setting, but was willing to settle, because it was in our budget range and was able to accommodate us. What pushed me to not going with them was when I was emailed an initial outline of costs, it was NOTHING what we had discussed with the event coordinator (that we met with for 15 minutes) and that was extremely off putting. I'm sorry but if I am going to be paying you an exorbitant amount of money, than I am not just another person to you....I am a name and a face and you should treat me as such rather just someone writing a check. This place was promptly crossed from our list.

The second place we visited was The Historic Savage Mill Manor. Kevin actually found this place. When you drive up to the house, it looks like an old Victorian mansion. It was built in 1844. When you walked inside it had a huge staircase that was frankly gorgeous. We sat down with Bobby from Putting on the Ritz catering for almost two hours and discussed all aspects of what we were looking for. He went over our budget and incorporated everything. By the end of our meeting, I looked at Kevin and said.....

"I want to get married here." So on November 10, 2012, after saying I do at a Catholic church in the area (that post is to follow...believe me it was an adventure finding a church).....our reception will be at:

The Historic Savage Mill Manor House. I can't wait to party with my new hubby, friends and family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment