Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wedding Weight Loss

Pretty much any bride will tell you that trying on wedding dresses is shock factor x1000. I knew I needed to lose weight. What I didn't know was how awful I would look in a white wedding dress. Granted....I am my worst enemy when it comes to critiquing myself.

In December, Kevin and I went home to Florida for the holidays to visit my mom. My mother decided it was the perfect time for me to start trying on wedding dresses. I was game....I wanted to experience everything that being a bride had in store. My mom and I went to a little boutique in Sarasota. I tried on about 8-10 dresses and found one that I really did like.....full disclosure....I was a size 22. Yeah. That sucks....granted wedding dress makers....you all suck...cause that is not a real pant size for a woman....just FYI....it just succeeds in making a bride feel even fatter. Well my mom took pictures....I'm not even going to post them....lets just say that was when reality set in, my happy ass needed help.

Fast forward to February. (I had a minor medical issue in January....I had to get migraines under control). I joined a gym and got a personal trainer. Joey is EVIL in the best way possible. He makes me curse at him, sweat A LOT, burn a crap ton of calories and so far lose 25 pounds. I love him.

In April, my mother, aunt and best friend spent a weekend wedding dress shopping with me. 4th dress I tried on....tears ensued. It was the most gorgeous dress I have ever seen and I can't wait for Kevin to see my walking down the aisle in it. From December till now I have dropped from a size 22 to a 16. Yes. I said it.

22 to a 16


I am extremelly proud of that accomplishment. I still don't see a huge change in my appearance and Kevin has to remind me that he see's it. I guess when you see yourself daily, you just don't. One of the biggest difference's for me, was my face. (specifically my neck and chin). Its a constant work in progress and I am confidant that I will continue to kick butt and be the beautiful bride that I wish to be and Kevin should have.

I love you Kevin and thank you for all your support with my constant food changes. I know its tough not having the snack food in the house....but it means a lot to have your support. You are my rock.

~Autumn

2 comments:

  1. Anything for you honey. You look great, and I know that when all is said and done, you will be the most beautiful bride I've ever set eyes on, no matter what size you are. I love you.

    ~Kevin

    ReplyDelete