Monday, February 15, 2010

Letting go, Letting in

I have walls. LOTS of really TALL walls.

Slowly they are beginning to crumble.

To understand why I have walls, you have to know the back story.

I dated a boy, man, demon....I swear. He was sugar and spice and everything nice on the outside but pure hate and dark on the inside. I loved till my heart shattered and nothing in return. 7 years of my life wasted on that kind of shattering to your core kinda love. He was a man that tore me down every time I built myself up.

He was a man that my dad once famously quoted.... "they never found Hoffa, they'll never find him." Seriously. NEVER date a man your daddy hates. NEVER date a man who honks on your first date instead of coming in to meet the parents. NEVER date a man that puts down your best friend, your family, and most of all YOU.

It took me 7 years to leave this self destructive relationship. 4 more years of healing and NOW the walls crumble. There is a man. A strong man, a wonderful man, a man that I never thought I could let my guard down for....but damn if he isn't a patient man. He has waited for me to come to terms of my heart and to see that as he always says that I am...."worth the wait."

To this man...you know who you are. Thank you.

Thank you for letting me figure my own head, heart and soul out. Thank you for being in the background cheering for me. Being there when I am at my absolute worse...no makeup and greasy hair. Thank you for being my friend and someone I have learned to trust and rely on. Thank you for "rescuing" me on MANY occasions. Thank you for always being you.

(to my MOM...cause I know you read this...no questions...I might revert on my ever growing strength...just know I may eventually marry and give you those grand babies).

No comments:

Post a Comment