Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unless you live in a bubble

DC/Maryland/NOVA is experiencing a RECORD BREAKING winter. I'm talking over 84" inches of snow in the Baltimore area where I live.

I am from upstate NY and this is more snow than I have seen in more than 15 years. The last great snow I saw was 48" in 24 hrs. I wasn't even tall enough to shovel!!!!

Can we say cabin fever has set in?!?!??! Granted I have been sicker than hell the entire time and haven't really gotten out to enjoy it by making snow angels or a snowman. I walked the 1/2 mile to my local drug store on Monday in 2+ feet of snow just to get medication to fight this cold and to get OUT of my house!!

The snow stopped Saturday afternoon around 3.....my street didn't see a plow till Monday night at 9pm. More than 48 hrs later. I spent more than 4 hrs digging out my car on Tuesday morning to go to the grocery store to get more juice and water.....it was crazy how empty the shelves were.

Last night. MORE FREAKING SNOW!!!! I am sitting stuck in my house once again with blocked doors, a street full of snow, my car once again buried and I am DONE! Here me SNOW GODS! DONE!!!

snOMG, Snopocalypse, Snomageddon, SNOtorious B.I.G., Snoverkill.....call it what you want....I think most Marylander's, NOVA and DC Peeps would kill to see sun, sand, and 90 degree weather.


We got another 18" coupled with 30mph winds and over 50mph gusts....its like living in a freaking snow globe. The snow drifts are at least 6' high in some places. I'm just over 5'....need I say more. We have no where to put it. They are dumping snow into the harbor!

I hear Vancouver needs snow for the Olympics.....we'll sell it to you. Real cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment