Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Craving the mom's cookin

Do you ever get a craving for something "your momma makes?"

That hit me tonight. HARD. I am craving momma's meatloaf, mashed taters and veggies.

I often crave my mom's home cooked food, cause well it's my momma and the woman can cook like a chef and should be published. She has made some of the BEST food's I have EVER had.

Can we say Special Baked Potatoes? Taters. Check. Cheese. Check. BACON. Check. These are some twice backed goodness that I refuse to make (and yup I have a batch in my freezer that she made when she visited). I will shed a tear when they are gone.

Grilled Salmon. I can't cook fish. Well that's probably not right, I just choose not to. lol. That's momma's department.

Fried Chicken Livers. Yes sounds gross. SO NOT!!!! One of the best things from my childhood. I know I'm weird.

There are SOOOO many things my mom makes that I adore. She'll email me new dishes she has tried out, and most of the time they are things I would totally make and have made. (I think she secretly LOVES that I have started cooking and can relate to me on that now).

Back to momma's meatloaf. I HATE mayonnaise and frankly she uses it in this dish. God knows why, but it is some good eatin.

I'm heading to momma's in May and I do know this.... Mom, Momma, Mommy??? Can you PLEASE make me your meatloaf. Your loving little girl is craving it. Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment