Saturday, January 23, 2010

TMJ

In the last month, I have been experiencing some pretty nasty jaw pain. I can't open wide, can't chew very well. Wake up every morning with my mouth ridiculously tight.

NOT fun when you can't eat anything but soft foods, and I am really craving a big ol' piece of STEAK!!!

Oh and my lovely dentist, whom I actually really like, told me NO caffeine, alcohol, and chocolate. IS HE TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!

I went to the dentist yesterday and he pretty much thinks I have TMJ, and I grind/clench my teeth at night and during the day. He thinks its stress related. I have no idea. He wanted to fit me with a night guard, but I was unable to open my mouth wide enough to put the mold in....that's how tight my jaw is. I love my dentist, he gave me muscle relaxers to try and ease the pain and tightness and we'll try again this Friday.

So here is hoping the wonderful muscle relaxers and Ibuprofin 800mg and NOT drinking caffeine, booze or eating chocolate will lead me to get something resolved. I am not sure I can handle the lack of coffee in the am, I mean who are we kidding, de-caf just doesn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment