Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tuna Pot Pie

When I was a kid my mom used to make Tuna Helper Tuna Pot Pie. I LOVED it. Then they stopped making it. It has been years since I have eaten Tuna Pot Pie. When my mom came to visit for Christmas, we decided to try and make it. I do believe we succeeded. Tonight I decided to make it on my own as I had all the ingredients for it. I must say it turned out yummy yet again, for those that wish to try:

Tuna Pot Pie (serves 4)

Ingredients for filling:

1 large pouch of Tuna or 3-4 regular cans
1 bag of Mixed Frozen Vegetables
1 can Whole Potatoes Drained and cut in 1/4's
2 can Cream of Celery soup
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Ingredients for crust:

2 cups Busquick
1 cup milk
1 TBSP Parsley Flakes
2 Eggs

Directions:

Spray 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Combine all Filling ingredients in a large bowl.
Place filling in casserole dish.
Combine all Crust ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour over top of filling.
Bake 30 min @ 400 degrees.

Variations:

For a lighter filling use 1 can cream of celery soup and 1 can chicken broth.
For a lighter crust use 1 cup Bisquick, 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg.
You can also vary the type of cream of soup and vegetables to taste and/or add 1/2 cup cheese to tuna mixture.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I have be looking for a recipe to recreate the tune help tuna pot pie, we loved this as kids. Was wondering if you have tried this recipe and what you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete