Thursday, January 21, 2010

Traci Thursday's

Every Thursday my friend Traci and I take turn's cooking and hosting the other for Vampire Diaries and Grey's Anatomy...both shows we are addicted to.

Since Traci has just moved into her new home and is unpacking still....I hosted tonight, however she cooked. Having someone else in my kitchen cooking, well except for my mom, is just weird.


She made this AWESOME Bone in Chicken Breast. She marinated it for 24 hours in Lemon juice, thyme, rosemary and garlic. It was the perfect blend of spices. She cooked it in one of my stoneware casserole dishes at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. DELICIOUS.

I made some of my mom's special baked potatoes. Actually I just reheated them, because when my mom was here at Christmas she made a dozen potatoes and they are honestly hands down my FAVORITE potatoes. They are twice baked and filled with Bacon, Velvetta, Onions, and Sour Cream. SO FREAKING GOOD!

In addition, I also made my asparagus, though tonight I just steamed it in water and put pepper and salt on them. They were bright green and quite tasty.

Now we are sitting on my couch, watching the end of Vampire Diaries and then on to Grey's Anatomy.....drinking Cabernet.

I LOVE Traci Thursday's. One of my favorite nights of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment